Click on the link to view more information about a retreat. Where possible we have provided a page on our website to display some information about the retreat, as well as a Google map to make it easy to find them.
If you have information on a veterans’ retreat somewhere in Australia that is not listed here please click on this link and email us anything you can about it. As long as we have the address and contact information about the retreat we will list it here, with a link to a page on our website showing a Google map to make it easy to find the place.
- Ramon Deeds, Dareton, NSW, 17km from Mildura and 16km from Wentworth.
- Alaric Veteran’s & Ex-servicemen’s Retreat is a fully furnished homestead on a remote outback station of 120,000 acres in western Queensland just north of Quilpie. It provides a secure and relaxing haven for Veterans of all conflicts. There are no formal activities, you can do as much or as little as you like.
- Zac’s Place is a six bedroom house used as a short / long term accommodation centre in Townsville. No alcohol allowed.
- Standown Park is the unique bush camping experience with new, modern facilities, where all campers, motor homers, caravaners and weary travelers are welcome to pull up a stump and meet your old friends or make new ones.
- Although Bellthorpe Stays is not a veteran’s retreat, they do give veterans a discount. If you need a relaxing break in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, Bellthorpe Stays is the place to go.
- Murraguldrie vetereans retreat: The retreat is located in the Murraguldrie State Forest area. The entry is sign posted and is 7 km east of the Hume Highway on the Wagga – Tumbarumba Road and is only 100meters off the main road.
- Veterans’ retreats of Western AustraliaMadeleine Whitburn has made it easy to find the Veterans Retreats in the state of WA. Visit the website Veterans Retreats of WA website for more information. The retreat is located at Meentheena Station 75km east of Marble Bar in the Pilbara. The aim is to provide a safe location where veterans from the Australian Defense Force and paramilitary services i.e. police, firefighters, and ambulance officers, are able to seek respite from the effects of their war experiences and operational activities through comradeship with their peers.
- Cockscomb Veterans Camp in the hills on the southern side of Mt Wheeler. Road access via two-wheel drive and only 30 minutes from Rockhampton. Cockscomb provides a quiet place away from the city, away from all mod cons, a quiet relaxing place to go when you want to get away and get back to some basic living and quality time just kicking back.
- McPhersons Plains Alpine Retreat is the perfect accommodation for families to go and ski at Mt Selwyn ski fields. We have a very warm cottage that sleeps up to 10 people and is often used by one or two families at a time who want to ski at mt selwyn with their kids. With a log fire, large kitchen and often snow covered mornings, the SnowGum Cottage at Mcphersons Plains Alpine Retreat is a great place to stay.
- Ayr Sailean – Country Tranquility overlooking the inlet at Kentdale via Denmark
W.A – A wide range of accommodation choices.
- Pandanus Park – A bush camping retreat for veterans of the Australian Defence Forces at Cape York Peninsula, Queensland